Healthy Kombu Seaweed Salad Recipe
Give your taste buds a surprise with this quick and tasty kombu salad recipe!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 cup dashi kombu dried kelp
- 2 tbsp honey extracted or strained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shoyu
- 2 tbsp ginger root raw
- 3 tbsp white rice vinegar
- 2 small carrots julienne
- 2 small cucumbers with peel, julienne
- 2 tsp sesame seeds dried
Place dried kombu in warm water for 20 minutes and bring it to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the kombu has softened.
Drain and let it cool until easily handled.
Slice the rehydrated kombu into skinny strips.
In a bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and rice vinegar together. Add julienned carrots, cucumber, and sesame seeds.
Let the mixture refrigerate until the flavors blend well.
Garnish it with sesame seeds and serve.
- If you want a protein-packed meal, add some silken tofu.
- Kombu needs to be brushed clean and trimmed to avoid irregular spots.
- Do not try breaking the kombu into pieces as the edges become slimy.