A toenail tea tree regularly on the feet helps to keep the fungal infection at bay.occurs when there is in the that causes the toenails to become and thick. If you notice white or yellow spots on your toenails, it is usually the start of a toenail fungal infection. Applying
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus?
Let us look at the step-by-step method of usingfor toenail fungus.
Preparing Your Nails
It is necessary to prepare thebefore using tea tree oil for toenail fungus to ensure a speedy recovery.
- Step 1: Clip dead nails with a help of a nail cutter.
- Step 2: If your nail infection is severe, your toenails can be extremely thick. In this case, you will need to use nail clippers. Make sure you get rid of dead toenails to ensure a regrowth of nails.
- Step 3: Next, use a good quality nail file to file away any bits of dead toenails at the skin is exposed to the oil treatment, the better the chances of inhibiting fungal . . The more the
- Step 4: Clean your toes with -free and to get rid of any .
- Step 5: dry.
Tea Tree Oil Application
Tea tree oil is an ideal treatment for toenail fungal infections, but it is best to dilute it with carrier to avoid any reactions.
- Step 1: Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil, both of which have anti-fungal properties.
- Step 2: Saturate a ball with the tea tree oil blend and apply on the infected toenails. Let the oil into the nail as well as the skin.
- Step 3: Let the oil dry out naturally on your feet.
- Step 4: You can also follow this up by soaking your feet in a tea tree oil for 10 minutes. For a tea tree oil bath, you need to add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to a tub of water.
It is best to do this treatment twice a day, once or twice a week depending on the severity of your toenail fungal infection.
Tips to Prevent Toenail Fungus
- Make sure you follow good to ensure that you prevent toenail fungus by keeping your nails short and by wearing clean and .
- Tight or closed shoes can also cause fungal growth.
- Regular tea tree oil treatment along with these preventive measures can ensure that you don’t have to deal with fungal infections.
Word of caution: Tea tree oil may cause, inflammation, as well as an reaction. Always use a good brand of pure tea tree oil and dilute it with a carrier oil. You can test this oil blend on the of your before applying it to infected areas.