A toenail tea tree oil regularly on the feet helps to keep the fungal infection at bay.occurs when there is moisture trapped in the feet that causes the toenails to become yellowish and thick. If you notice white or yellow spots on your toenails, it is usually the start of a toenail fungal infection. Applying
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus?
Let us look at the step-by-step method of usingfor toenail fungus.
Preparing Your Nails
It is necessary to prepare the nails before using tea tree oil for toenail fungus to ensure a speedy recovery.
- Step 1: Clip dead nails with a help of a nail cutter.
- Step 2: If your nail infection is severe, your toenails can be extremely thick. In this case, you will need to use nail clippers. Make sure you get rid of dead toenails to ensure a healthy regrowth of nails.
- Step 3: Next, use a good quality nail file to file away any bits of dead toenails at the corners. The more the skin is exposed to the oil treatment, the better the chances of inhibiting fungal growth.
- Step 4: Clean your toes with -free soap and water to get rid of any dirt.
- Step 5: Wipe dry.
Tea Tree Oil Application
Tea tree oil is an ideal treatment for toenail fungal infections, but it is best to dilute it with carrier oils to avoid any skin reactions.
- Step 1: Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil, both of which have anti-fungal properties.
- Step 2: Saturate a cotton ball with the tea tree oil blend and apply on the infected toenails. Let the oil soak into the nail bed as well as the skin.
- Step 3: Let the oil dry out naturally on your feet.
- Step 4: You can also follow this up by soaking your feet in a tea tree oil bath for 10 minutes. For a tea tree oil bath, you need to add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to a tub of water.
It is best to do this treatment twice a day, once or twice a week depending on the severity of your toenail fungal infection.
Tips to Prevent Toenail Fungus
- Make sure you follow good to ensure that you prevent toenail fungus by keeping your nails short and by wearing clean shoes and socks.
- Tight or closed shoes can also cause fungal growth.
- Regular tea tree oil treatment along with these preventive measures can ensure that you don’t have to deal with fungal infections.
Word of caution: Tea tree oil may cause redness, inflammation, as well as an allergic reaction. Always use a good brand of pure tea tree oil and dilute it with a carrier oil. You can test this oil blend on the back of your hand before applying it to infected areas.