Hong Kong milk tea as the name suggests originated in Hong Kong but has gained popularity all over the world. It is also known as pantyhose or silk stocking tea. Unlike the usual tea, this tea uses evaporated milk and hence has a different flavor. It is very easy to make at home and needs only a few ingredients to prepare. Now, let us look at the step-by-step recipe of this delicious beverage.
Hong Kong Milk Tea
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp black tea (loose leaf tea)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp sugar (to taste)
- To make Hong Kong milk tea, add water and loose leaf tea to a pot.
- Bring it to a boil and heat it for about 5 minutes.
- Thereafter, take it down from the stove where it had been boiling, add evaporated milk to it and bring it to a boil once again.
- Strain the tea into the teacup and add sugar to enhance the taste. You can also substitute sugar with stevia, jaggery or brown sugar.
- Serve the beverage piping hot and savor the warm, smooth and creamy texture on your palette.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started. with us? Please