You might be used to seeing arborvitae evergreen trees along the road, but for centuries, the leaves and sap of this tree have been prized for their-fighting power.
What is Arborvitae?
Arborvitae, taxonomically known as member of the cypress family, to Southeast Canada and the Northern United States. Arborvitae in means “tree of life” and it is particularly to the Ojibwe , who list the tree as one of their four major on the wheel. While it is used for everything from to the curing of STDs, this powerful plant does contain the neurotoxin , which can be toxic when consumed in large doses.occidentalis, or Northern White , is an evergreen
The many benefits of arborvitae include the following:
- Arborvitae is particularly useful in treating upper illness, such as the common , sinusitis, , bronchitis, or strep .
- It is used topically to relieve arthritis and reduce from or recovering injuries.
- The parts of this tree contain small amounts of the neurotoxin thujone, which makes it popular as a treatment for and as an repellant.
- It is also used topically to skin infections, such as or cold sores.
- Various parts of this tree have been taken to induce in the past, but it is no longer recommended for this purpose.
- The may help fight cancer and reduce the of other chronic . benefits of arborvitae
Let us take a look at its uses.
- Arborvitae is most often found as an essential oil or , both of which are made from the leaves.
- It is also found in some topical .
- A tea can be made from the leaves of this tree, and this herb is also sometimes found in many of the herbal products used for and .
Word of Warning: breastfeeding, as it may cause a or other . Thujone has been known to cause low and . It is wise to speak with a before adding this herbal remedy to your regular regimen.should avoid taking arborvitae during or while