If you don’t know how to cook eggplant, you are missing out on a flavorful and nutrient-dense addition to your culinary routine.
How to Cook Eggplant?
There are quite a few ways to cook , including , roasting, stuffing, and , among others.
- If you want to an eggplant, you can do it one of two ways, either whole or in slices.
- Your average eggplant can be sliced 5-6 times and these slices can be laid on a baking sheet, seasoned, and then baked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes until they turn a golden brown.
- If you are baking a whole eggplant, throw the entire thing into the oven on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Since eggplants are primarily made of , it will itself, creating a creamy, delicious texture when it is finished, which is perfect for baba ganoush.
Serving Size : Nutrient Value Water [g] 92.3 Energy [kcal] 25 Protein [g] 0.98 Total lipid (fat) [g] 0.18 Carbohydrate, by difference [g] 5.88 Fiber, total dietary [g] 3 Sugars, total [g] 3.53 Calcium, Ca [mg] 9 Iron, Fe [mg] 0.23 Magnesium, Mg [mg] 14 Phosphorus, P [mg] 24 Potassium, K [mg] 229 Sodium, Na [mg] 2 Zinc, Zn [mg] 0.16 Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid [mg] 2.2 Thiamin [mg] 0.04 Riboflavin [mg] 0.04 Niacin [mg] 0.65 Vitamin B-6 [mg] 0.08 Folate, DFE [µg] 22 Vitamin B-12 [µg] 0 Vitamin A, RAE [µg] 1 Vitamin A, IU [IU] 23 Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) [mg] 0.3 Vitamin D (D2 + D3) [µg] 0 Vitamin D [IU] 0 Vitamin K (phylloquinone) [µg] 3.5 Fatty acids, total saturated [g] 0.03 Fatty acids, total monounsaturated [g] 0.02 Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated [g] 0.08 Fatty acids, total trans [g] 0 Cholesterol [mg] 0 Caffeine [mg] 0 Sources include : USDA
- You will want to slice the eggplant into chunks and then sprinkle them with salt.
- Allow them to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing them off with water.
- Then thoroughly dry the chunks of the eggplant.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet that has been lightly greased and drizzle the sheet with olive oil. Toss to coat the eggplant.
- the eggplant at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then flip the chunks and roast for another 10-20 minutes.
- Cut the eggplant into slices and then sprinkle them with salt, storing them in a colander for an hour.
- Rinse the slices with cold water and then season them with olive oil. and
- Grill the slices over an open flame for 5-10 minutes until they are seared and brown.
- Heat a skillet with oil while you prepare the eggplant slices.
- First dip the slices of eggplant in the egg wash, then in breadcrumbs or panko.
- Place the eggplant in the frying oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden-brown and crispy.
If you scoop out the center of the eggplant, then put in mixedand ground , you can bake the stuffed eggplant for 45 minutes at 400 degrees for a delicious stuffed dinner.