The use of damiana is popular in some parts of the, but its potential effects have made it more sought after in recent years.
What is Damiana?
Damiana (Turnera diffusa)is a This shrub small followed by small fruits, and various parts of this plant have been a part of traditional for of years. The main part of the plant used for remedies are the leaves, as they contain the pharmacologically active elements of this plant. These elements include , , compounds, , fatty acids, , and beta- , among others.native to southern North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.
These leaves, being an smoking any herbal substance, some damage to the may be experienced. Due to its connection with marijuana and its uses, it is in some parts of the United States but is generally in most countries., have long been associated with , as well as increases in . Some also damiana leaves, as it can have a similar effect to ; as with
- As an aromatase , it can increase production of B in
- As an aphrodisiac, it can increase sexual libido in both men and
- Aid in weight loss by boosting the metabolism and increasing -burning potential
- Steady mental health by alleviating anxiety, and balancing and
- Eliminate depression of
- Ease constipation and indigestion; functions as a
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Promote and minimize the damage done by free radicals
- Soothe asthma symptoms
- Prevent bedwetting in and the
- Ease difficult symptoms, such as mood and
- Strengthen the system with and elements
- Protect vision to high levels of beta-carotene
- Prevent tract ( ) among women
If you are going to take damiana, it is important that you use only the recommended amount to avoid side effects. Most experts recommend that the daily dose of damiana enhancement.not exceed 1200 milligrams of the extract per day. Many sell capsules ranging from 200-400 milligrams of the extract and recommend taking them 1-3 times per day, particularly for male
For purposes, you can find damiana in the following forms:and herbal
- Tea or
The sharp, herb in some parts of Mexico, and it plays a part in production, namely for triple sec.and flavor make it a popular
If you are growing your own damiana, dry the leaves thoroughly afterand then store them in a cool, dark place before using them for and tinctures.
Damiana Side Effects
While thisis widely praised for its many powerful effects, there are some side effects to consider before using damiana.
- If you are breastfeeding, the effects it can have on your levels could be potentially dangerous. or
- If you have diabetes, the active ingredients can affect your sugar levels, so speak to your first.
- If you are anemic, some research has found that this herb can negatively impact iron absorption.
It is often used in place of marijuana, but whenin excess, it can result in or , rather than functioning as a or .