If you don’t know how to eat passion fruit, you probably aren’t alone, but with so many and such great flavor, it’s a good time to !
What is Passion Fruit?
Passion fruit is a tropical vine-growing scientifically known as Passiflora edulis and is native to certain regions of South America. These are actually large , and are yellow, or dark purple when they are ripe, but contain a yellow, -like with many seeds and a sweet flavor. These fruits are cultivated in many different tropical areas of the , and they are both eaten and pressed into . The fruit is also a rich source of vitamin C, fiber, and certain B vitamins, as well as some powerful .
How to Eat Passion Fruit?
Before you can enjoy thebenefits of this fruit, you need to know how to eat passion fruit, as well as how to choose ripe ones.
- Step 1: Your passion fruit should always be plump, rather than . Avoid green fruits, as they aren’t ripe yet.
- Step 2: First, cut the passion fruit in half.
- Step 3: Using a , scoop out the and the fruit within the outer .
- Step 4: Discard the outer shell, as it is not edible.
- Step 5: From that point, the seeds can be used in various ways, as explained below.
Ways to Eat Passion Fruit
Now that you know how to get at the seeds of this tropical fruit, there are many ways to add it to your.
- Blending the seeds and fruit into a is a very easy way to enjoy this fruit, particularly when mixed in with other fruits.
- Some just scoop out the pulp and seeds before the fruit raw.
- Warming the pulp with a bit of sugar in a pan makes for a delicious as well.
- Passion fruit , jam, and coulis are also rather simple to prepare and can be a way to make your passion fruit last a bit longer.
- You can also chicken or . up this fruit and use it to top