There are quite a number of home remedies that can help you get rid of gallstones. Regular exercise, intake of vegetables and avoiding junk food are some of the ways to prevent gallstones.
Gallstones are small stones that are made of digestive fluids or cholesterol, which form in the gallbladder. The gladder is small organ located below the liver that stores a digestive fluid called bile. Usually, the stones don’t cause any symptoms and don’t need to be treated. But, if a gallstone gets trapped in a bile duct, it can cause sudden, intense pain in the abdomen that lasts for hours. 
Surgery is one of the most common methods to treat gallstones. There are also various home remedies that can be helpful in reducing the stone problem in a safe, effective, natural way.
Home Remedies for Gallstones
Let’s see some of the best home remedies for gallstones:
Diet plays an important role in keeping gallstones from forming.
- It should include adequate amounts of vegetables since they are a great preventive measure.
- Eating nuts that contain ample amounts of unsaturated fat particles can be quite helpful.
- You will also need to cut down on the intake of carbohydrates like excluding junk foods from your diet.
- Those who drink coffee on a regular basis often reported not having this problem.
- It is advisable to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily, as this cleans the internal system and also inhibits the formation of gallstones.
Citrus Juices – Three Day Procedure
Citrus fruit juices and apple juice contain pectin, which works wonders for eliminating gallstones. There is a slightly more complicated home remedy that can treat gallstones effectively, but it needs to be followed for at least three days.
- For the initial two days, the patient should only drink apple juice.
- On the second night, he should consume a mixture that is made of 3 ounces of fresh lemon extract and 3 ounces of dark olive oil. This drink should be consumed gradually over a period of 20 minutes until the entire mixture is consumed.
- On the third day, the stones should be cleared completely from your system.
Quebra Pedra (or Chanca Piedra) is an herb that is effective in eradicating gallstones when consumed in the form of tea. Two teaspoons of the herb must be boiled in 500 ml water to make a tea. This should be consumed throughout the course of the day. The treatment needs to be continued for at least two months to get visible results.
Lecithin and Vitamin C
Lecithin is a type of phospholipid particle that can easily prevent the formation of stones. Vitamin C plays an important role in breaking down the unwanted cholesterol present in the bile. Hence, make sure that your diet is rich in lecithin and vitamin C.
Since obesity is a major cause of the development of gallstones, people should always keep themselves fit by regularly exercising. At the same time, it is important to lose weight slowly; crash diets and dramatic changes in weight can also result in stones.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pure and natural apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains acids that can eliminate gallstones effectively. ACV dissolves the stones slowly so they can be safely removed from the body without shocking the system.