Drinking a green tea smoothie in the morning is one of the best ways to eat your fruits and get your daily caffeine shot too. This creamy, refreshing beverage may just be the thing that will help ditch your coffee every morning. Green tea smoothies are a nutritious, vitamin-packed breakfast option. Because caffeine can stimulate the body, the smoothies are often used as a pre- or post-workout drink.
Green Tea Smoothie: 2 Ways To Make It
Green tea smoothies are very easy to make. There are two ways you can do it.
- Matcha Smoothie: This is made with matcha, a Japanese green tea powder. Matcha has a pronounced grassy flavor.
- Green Tea Smoothie: This can be made with regular green tea bags or loose leaf green tea. This tea has a slightly more astringent flavor.
Both green tea varieties have caffeine and are packed with antioxidants. Matcha is a little more expensive than regular green tea bags. The choice is yours – we would recommend experimenting with both to find out your preferred beverage.
We would also recommend experimenting with the amount of green tea you prefer in your smoothie. Many people are sensitive to a high amount of caffeine. So it is best to vary the amount and see how you feel after having it. Also, if you are using it as part of your workout nutrition, feel free to add protein powder to the smoothies. Now, let’s look at the recipes for the two kinds of green tea smoothies.
To make matcha smoothies, you will need to buy high-quality matcha. It is available online as well as in supermarkets. Regular green tea leaves cannot be ground to make matcha. Here is an easy matcha smoothie recipe.
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup mango cubes fresh or frozen
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Add the milk and matcha powder to a blender and blend well.
- Add the spinach leaves, frozen banana, and mango and blend till you get a smooth texture. Serve the matcha smoothie chilled!
Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
The recipe given below is fairly adaptable and you can experiment with different fruits and vegetables to make your smoothies. Let us look at the step-by-step method to make tropical green tea smoothie using green tea bags.
Delicious Tropical Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 green tea bag
- 1/2 cup hot water filtered
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 mint leaves
- Steep the green tea in hot water for two minutes. Let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour. Alternatively, you can make a bigger batch of green tea and chill it in an ice cube tray. For one serving, use a single green tea ice cube.
- Add the fruits, green tea, mint, honey, and milk in the blender. The smoothie should have a smooth texture. Pour into a mason jar and enjoy!
Connect With Us
If you have tried these recipes, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.