Learning how to make lavender oil is a good idea if you can’t get enough of the wonderful scent or its many medicinal benefits.
essential oil extracted from the of the , scientifically known as Lavandula angustifolia. This oil has been used in various cultures dating back more than 5,000 years, primarily for its soothing, anti- and stress-relieving properties. You only need a small amount of this oil to be effective, and when using internally, it should always be diluted in water. However, this oil is also used topically to soothe skin irritation, relieve headaches and ease tension in the joints. Due to its versatile uses, this essential oil has become one of the most common oils in use today!is the
How to Make Lavender Oil?
If you learn how to make lavender oil, you can save quite a bit of money and can be secure in knowing precisely what is included in your oil.
Steps to Make Lavender Oil
- Step 1: Begin by cutting fresh lavender sprigs, as you can use fresh stems, leaves, and flowers in your oil .
- Step 1: Hang the lavender sprigs upside down and allow them to dry for 1-2 weeks.
- Step 2: Once the lavender is dry, crush the plant parts and add it to a glass jar.
- Step 3: Pour a plant oil, such as safflower oil or olive oil into the jar, leaving 1-2 inches at the top.
- Step 4: Set the jar in a sunny spot, making sure it is tightly sealed.
- Step 5: Leave the jar to sit and soak for 3-4 weeks.
- Step 6: Strain the plant parts from the oil.
- Step 7: Store the in a dark bottle, and keep it away from direct and sources of heat.
Note: Remember, only a few drops are typically enough to achieve a powerful scent and deliver the lavender essential oil’s powerfuland anti-inflammatory benefits.
Lavender Oil Spray
You can also make your own lavender essential oil spray, which can be used as a room and linen freshener.
- Step 1: Take a small glass bottle with a secure lid.
- Step 2: Pour 1 ounce of witch hazel or vodka into the jar.
- Step 3: Put 9-10 drops of lavender essential oil into the .
- Step 4: Place the lid and shake well.
- Step 5: After 30 seconds, add 3 ounces of clean, filtered water.
- Step 6: Replace the lid and shake the bottle again to blend it well.
- Step 7: Use a funnel to pour the liquid blend into a clean spray bottle.
- Step 8: Close the spray bottle lid. Your DIY lavender oil spray is ready for use!