Miniature fruit, but it packs a powerful .may not look like an impressive
What is Mandarin Orange?
Tiny mandarin orange is a sugar than most other varieties, making it particularly popular for and as a ’s snack. Mandarins are a traditional gift for the New Year and Christmas and can be found in a variety of , from to fruitcakes. Mandarin orange is also used in both Chinese traditional and .type of orange that grows no larger than 8 centimeters in size. It contains more
There are many varieties of mandarin orange, including pure mandarins, non-pure mandarins, mandarin cross, Mangshanyegan, clementines, , and Satsuma among others. Let us take a look at them in detail below.
- Pure Mandarins: Pure mandarins are heirloom varieties like Tachibana and Nanfengmiju that have stayed close to the original Asian mandarin .
- Non-pure Mandarins: These are varieties that are slightly mixed with other citrus pomelo, but retain mostly mandarin distinctions. Satsumas, tangerines, and murcotts are all non-pure mandarins. , most commonly
- Mandarin Cross: Mandarin crosses are hybridized varieties where the mandarin has been equally mixed with another citrus to produce commonly known lemons and grapefruit. are a mandarin cross with sweet , for example. , such as
- Mangshanyegan: This is a type of citrus fruit, native to China, that is classified as a non-mandarin. Despite the , mangshanyegans are actually a completely separate species of citrus.
- Clementine: These are from mandarin strains. They are the smallest mandarin variety, very sweet, and . Most clementines are imported from Europe.
- Tangerine: Tangerines and mandarins are often used skin and taste more akin to a regular orange, with less sweetness and more of a bite. as names, but while all tangerines are mandarins, not all mandarins are tangerines. Tangerines have a tougher
- Satsuma: Satsuma is a type of fruit, in Japan, which is a mandarin- hybrid. Satsumas may be a bit larger than a pure mandarin but retain same loose . They are grown in and the Southern United States.
Mandarin oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps promote production in the . They also contain synephrine, which is a dilator and is a rich source of fiber. The presence of and other also contribute to its amazing benefits. Let us look at the benefits of mandarin orange below.
- Improves skin
- Fights off free radicals
- Prevents damage
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Regulates cholesterol levels
- Fights allergies
- Gives relief from
- Aids in weight loss
- digestive health
- Regulates diabetes and prevents
Mandarin Orange vs Clementine vs Tangerine vs Orange
- Orange: An orange is a large citrus fruit, second in size to , with a tart, flavor, and is most popular for .
- Mandarin Orange: A mandarin orange is a category of oranges, smaller in size and very sweet, with loose skin. Clementines and tangerines are both types of mandarins.
- Clementines: Clementines are the smallest type of mandarin. They are very sweet, seedless, and the most commercially popular mandarin variety.
- Tangerines: Tangerines are a deep red type of mandarin and are named for the port of Tangiers where they were first imported. The fruit is bigger and slightly more tart than mandarin oranges.