Kratom tea is one of the most popular ways of consuming kratom in the US and while there are known analgesic effects when had in moderation, there are potentially dangerous side effects too. The tea is traditionally made by brewing dried kratom leaves but for matters of convenience, it is increasingly being made using kratom powder.
When consumed in small doses, kratom tea may have analgesic and mildly sedative effects. However, there have increasing reports of drug dependency and drug abuse associated with kratom use in the US and Europe. It has been banned in countries including Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Myanmar. New Zealand controls kratom under its Medicines Amendment Regulations. While it is legal in the US, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in the US has listed kratom as a “drug of concern”. The USFDA has also issued public health advisories involving kratom use and marketing, saying that it may expose users to health risks. To know more about this ancient herbal drug, you can read Kratom Leaves: Uses Vs Risks. You can also head over to Benefits & Side Effects Of Kratom Tea to know more about the tea properties.   
How To Make Kratom Tea?
Kratom tea has relaxing or sedative effects, depending on the strain of kratom you use. Making this tea is easy, provided you are in a country where the leaves and powder are legal, such as in the US, where it is widely available in numerous forms. Keeping in mind the nature of kratom causing potential drug dependency or drug abuse, this tea recipe should only be treated as a guide to ensure the safety of those who decide to use kratom tea. So, let’s see how you can brew the tea at home. 
Kratom Tea Recipe
- kratom powder (dependant on usage)
- 3 cups water (filtered)
- honey optional
- Kratom powder needs to be taken under medical guidance because of its opioid-like effects. How much kratom needs to be taken depends on your physiology, tolerance, medical history, and other factors.
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add the kratom powder as desired. The amount of kratom you add will have a significant difference in the potency and impact of this tea.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes. For a mild tea, you can steep it for a lesser amount of time.
- Slowly strain the tea through a cheesecloth or a fine strainer into a pot.
- Add honey, stevia, or any sweetener you desire. Serve at room temperature. Should you wish to have it cold, add a few ice cubes to it.
Word of Caution: There has been very little scientific evidence to show that kratom is safe or effective for use. Please exercise caution and consult your doctor before using herbal products for health benefits. Kratom also has drug interactions apart from side effects; it is not recommended to have without medical advice if you are on regular medication.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.