Fresh strawberries and cream make for a delicious celebratory fruit dessert that can be served after meals. In fact, it is quite an iconic and well-loved British sweet dish. Word has it, that it is a favored dish at Wimbledon, with over 20 ton of strawberries and 7,000 liters of cream consumed annually. Impressive, eh? Over the years, it has come to be known as the perfect dessert recipe for any last-minute family gathering or potluck. It takes all of just 10 minutes to prepare this appetizing dish.
How to make strawberries and cream?
Summer strawberries are the perfect snack on a hot summer day so why not make a delicious sweet dish out of it? After all, nothing tastes better in summer than a fresh piece of fruit such as strawberry. Fresh and juicy, strawberries are an incredible source of vitamin C, antioxidants and manganese, amongst other vitamins. Pair it with whipped cream and you have a delectable non-chocoholic dessert ready to be devoured! So, let’s get started!
Delicious Strawberries and Cream Recipe
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- To make strawberries and cream, first, wash the juicy berries properly and de-stem them. Let them be for five minutes and sprinkle them with granulated sugar. Thereafter, let them sit for a while.
- You can even slice the strawberries if you want and then sprinkle sugar on them.
- Once that is done gently toss the strawberries so that they blend well with the sugar.
- In the meantime, whip 1 cup of cream properly. Add the whipped cream and a tsp and a half of vanilla extract to the fresh strawberries and refrigerate it for two hours before you serve the delectable dessert. Your delicious dessert, strawberries and cream, is ready!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.