may be considered little more than a roadside by some, but it has been a staple of traditional folk for centuries.
What is Tansy?
Common throughout Europe and herb in the Middle Ages, and a culinary spice, despite the fact that the plant’s parts are actually very bitter. Tansy is toxic in large doses, due to the chemical , and should only be taken carefully. Even just the leaves can result in contact dermatitis., the tansy is a thin, weedy plant with small, yellow, -like . It was an extremely popular
There are many benefits of tansy, including the following:
- Tansy tea is often prescribed for or to alleviate retention.
- It helps eliminate intestinal worms. Historically, a from these dried flowers or leaves has also been used as a to , and for killing roundworm or threadworm in .
- As an , tansy tea is often drunk by starting menstrual flow, to encourage regular .
- The flowers are considered a digestion and . stimulant, improving
- It is also used for a variety of gas, , , and bloating. issues, including
- It is also to be beneficial for problems.
- When applied topically, this may be of use for scabies, or for killing and .
- The active ingredients are an anti-convulsant in and are used for preventing .
- This herb may be calming to migraines. and is prescribed for treating
Tansy has fallen out ofas a because of its .
- Most drink a tea prepared with the herb, but the flowers and leaves are also edible. prefer to
- It can also be applied topically as a pain and , in both and form, though topical application increases the of and reactions.
This herb is toxic both externally and internally, and should only be taken under the supervision of aprofessional to avoid overdosing.
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding: Women should avoid this herb throughout breastfeeding, as tansy may induce or . or while
- Allergic reactions: If you are allergic to , you may have a cross-reaction, and tansy should also be avoided by anyone diagnosed with the porphyria.
Generally speaking, whenever you introduce a newmedication to your regimen, it is best to speak first with your .