Using tea tree oil for skin tags is a common all-natural home remedy, and it is one of the most effective ways to remove unsightly skin growths from your body.
Best known for its antifungal properties, tea tree oil is often used to treat skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, cuts, and wounds. It is extracted from Melaleuca alternifolia which is a native Australian plant that was used as a folk remedy by the Australian aborigines.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Skin Tags?
Tea tree oil is a relatively safe way to remove skin tags and so, you can do the treatment yourself at home. However, it is best to consult a doctor to make sure that skin tags are not something serious. Once you get the medical go-ahead, here are the steps to use tea tree oil for skin tags removal. 
What you will need
Tea tree oil
Cotton ball or pad
A bandage or medical tape
Carrier oil or water
- Step 1: You have to make sure the skin tag area is clean. So the first step would be to wash it with fragrance-free, mild soap. Wipe the area dry.
- Step 2: Take diluted tea tree oil in a bowl. For this, add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil to a tablespoon of water or coconut oil or olive oil or any other carrier oil.
- Step 3: Soak a cotton ball with the diluted tea tree oil solution. Apply it on the skin tag and let the solution dry off naturally. You can do this three times a day.
- Step 4: Alternatively, you can secure the cotton ball or pad with a medical tape or a bandage. This will help extend the time the skin tag is exposed to the tea tree oil solution.
- Step 5: You may need to do this continuously for 3-4 days for the skin tag to fall off naturally. 
Once the skin tag falls off, make sure to let the wound area breathe. This will ensure that the skin heals properly.
Word of caution: Tea tree oil is a strong essential oil and so it is best tested, even in diluted form, on the hand. If you feel any burning or itching sensation, it is best not to use tea tree oil. Also, if the skin tag is in a sensitive area, such as near the eyes or in the genital area, it is best to remove the skin tag under medical supervision.