What is Bay Leaf Tea?
beverage commonly and consumed in India, although it is also popular in the Caribbean and other parts of the . Bay leaves are popular herbs to include in and culinary applications, but they can also be used to this powerful . Bay leaves are the leaves of certain , including the bay laurel, scientifically known as Laurus nobilis. There are also variants of this plant from , India, California, and Mexico. Bay leaves are extremely aromatic and potent when dried, and a single leaf in a stew or can provide a good amount of flavor.tea is a traditional
As a tea, the flavor is more subtle and subdued than when eaten, and it has aquality that makes it quite popular. More importantly, however, it is both a preventative and substance that can help with a variety of health conditions.
Bay Leaf Tea Benefits
Numerous studies have found that bay leaves can have an effect on the central nervous system, including soothing nervous that occurs smoothly around the .and ensuring
When topically rubbed on the skin, bay leaves are known to have healing properties, and the same is true when these leaves are brewed into a tea. The can help to soothe the appearance of , age spots, and , and even add elasticity to the .
Bay leaves have a well-known effect on blood sugar control within the body. Generally speaking, when drunk in moderation, this tea can help regulate the release of and , which is good news for diabetic .
Stress and Anxiety
There are certain food you eat.found within bay leaves that speed the process and help you get more from the
Use of this tea to soothe sore throats is common in areas where it is widely cultivated.and
How to Make Bay Leaf Tea?
Brewing your own bay leaf tea at home is very simple, although it will take a bit longer to brew than most.
- Step 1 – Add 3 large West Indian bay leaves to a of (fresh leaves).
- Step 2 – Bring the water to a boil.
- Step 3 – Allow the tea to for 3 minutes, and then turn off the .
- Step 4 – Steep the bay leaves for an additional 4 minutes.
- Step 5 – out the bay leaves and serve the tea hot.
- Step 6 – If adding milk, do so in moderation, as the flavor is quite delicate. or
Bay Leaf Tea Side Effects
There are a great many benefits of this tea, but there are some potential side effects, as well, such as diabetes or the nervous system.with ,
- Diabetes – The effects that this tea can have on blood levels are well known, but this effect can also be hard to predict, so patients should this tea with caution.
- Nervous System – The of this tea on the nervous system can make it dangerous if you have issues with your central nervous system, or are planning to undergo any procedures that may include anesthesia.
- Pregnancy – breastfeeding are not recommended to drink this tea, due to its potent ingredients and potential effects. and