How to Eat Cactus Pear?
Before learning how to eat a cactus prickly pear, you first need to know how to harvest them. The spiny -like fibers on the outside of these , called glochids, are painful and hard to see, so always harvest while wearing ., also known as a
- Step 1: After you pick the cactus pear, you will need to remove the glochids before preparing and burn off the glochids over an open flame, as the will cause them to pop and up. these fruits. Some prefer to
- Step 2: Following this, you will need to thoroughly the fruit.
- Step 3: After it is dry, you want to begin by cutting off both the top and bottom of the fruit.
- Step 4: Then, slice beneath the skin, roughly 1/4 inch deep. You can usually pull the off the fruit at this point, leaving only the ripe fruit beneath.
- Step 5: There are two layers of the skin, so be sure that you remove both before eating the fruit.
The best way to eat a cactus pear is to simply slice the fruit and eat it raw. This is largely due to the presence of tiny seeds in the fruit that cannot be , so including it in other or can be difficult. If desired, you can pulp the fruit and out the before eating.