Knowing how to cut a mango is important if you plan on getting the most out of this exotic and delicious snack. There are a number of ways to cut a mango, including in cubes, slices or simply in half so you can scoop out the flesh yourself.
How to Cut a Mango?
Now that you have selected the ideal mango, cutting it is the easy part. The two most popular ways to do this include dicing the mango and scooping the mango.
- Place the mango stem-side down and be sure that you are using a sharp knife.
- Move about 1/4 of an inch from the center of the fruit and slice downward. If you hit the hard inner seed, simply move around it and continue slicing down.
- Repeat this on the other side of the mango, leaving two round slices.
- Slice down around the opposite sides of the mango, moving carefully around the central seed.
- Now, simply score the mango into chunks, without cutting through the skin.
- You can now scoop out the individual pieces of mango and enjoy!
- Hold the mango with the stem side down and use a sharp knife to cut down the middle, so that your blade hits the mango seed.
- Continue that cut along the backside of the mango, similarly running around the seed.
- Split the two halves of mango by spinning or pulling. If the mango isn’t ripe, it will be harder to detach from the seed.
- Remove the seed from whichever half it remained in, and then use a spoon to scoop mango from your handheld fruit snack!