The best benefits of tea include relaxing the , reducing , promoting digestion, and aiding sleep. It also helps in eliminating inflammation, balancing mood, healing the skin, and soothing chronic , among many others.
What is Lavender Tea?
Lavender Lavandula, lavender can come in more than 45 different species, many of which have been used in traditional applications and products for centuries – if not longer!is derived from the lavender buds of the plant, the small purple bundles that fall off so easily in your . Scientifically found in the genus
Health Benefits of Lavender Tea
When you drink lavender tea, it can provide relief from , arthritis, insomnia, high anxiety, upset, tension, , and headaches, just to name a few. Regardless of what ails you, the benefits of lavender tea will likely be able to help!
The stress and . It can stimulate the release of certain that can offset the excess in your body and help prevent mental exhaustion. In a similar way, the use of this tea has also shown itself to have effects, basically making both your body and mind less sensitive to painful .soothing qualities of lavender tea and its active components make it ideal for who suffer from chronic
The essential oils found in lavender tea have qualities that can eliminate inflammation, regulate smooth muscle function, and promote healthier . The content also helps improve overall uptake by the digestive tract, ensuring that you get the most out of your , without from indigestion, constipation, bloating or . There are also anticonvulsant and qualities of lavender that help settle upset and regulate motion.
This specialty tea has anti-heart. By lowering levels of LDL cholesterol, which collects as in the and vessels, while also thinning the blood to reduce the chances of a blood clot, this tea significantly lowers your for atherosclerosis, attacks, and .and -lowering properties, making it a great for the
Lavender tea has a long list of fevers, skin irritation, pain and the symptoms of certain . Inflammation can come in many different forms and can lead to stress, but the active compounds in this tea can effectively put a stop to the body’s natural responses.conditions it can counter, including ,
Many people prefer to suffer from or regular , a simple glass of lavender tea can grant an night of sleep and a feeling in the morning!this tea in the evening, as a pre- , because it has and properties. If you
How to Make Lavender Tea?
Making lavender tea at home is a simple process, involving only fresh lavender buds and honey, or even other forms of tea., although some people enjoy blending the tea with
4 teaspoons of fresh lavender buds (1 tablespoon of dried lavender buds)
2 cups of water (filtered)
1 teaspoon of, to taste, if desired
- Step 1: Add the fresh or dried lavender buds to a teacup
- Step 2: Bring the water up to a boil, then remove from for 1 minute.
- Step 3: Pour the water over the lavender buds and allow them to steep for 5 minutes. Place a over the top to keep the inside the mug, further infusing the tea.
- Step 4: Remove the plate, add honey if you want to the flavor, and enjoy! No need to the lavender buds out; most will have sunk to the bottom of the cup.
You can use fresh lavender buds or dried ones, depending on your availability. If you have fresh lavender andto dry some for the future, it is best to harvest them before they fully bloom, and cut the flowering right above the leaves. Bind them into bundles and them -down in a dark, cool, and dry place. The drying process should take between 2 and 4 weeks. Then, simply the stalks and the lavender buds should fall off easily, to be stored and used later for tea.
Side Effects of Lavender Tea
The main side effects of lavender tea include skin irritation, toxic amount., when consumed in excess, but there are other possible and situations to be wary of lavender tea. Some of the side effects can be quite serious when lavender is ingested in a
- Pregnancy: When , using lavender is not recommended, as it can stimulate , which can lead to a or other in pregnant .
- Low Cholesterol: Due to the cholesterol-lowering properties of this tea, if you are already taking cholesterol medicine, negative interactions may occur.
- Blood Thinners: This tea has property, which is good for heart health, but if you are already taking blood-thinning medication, it can be very dangerous, particularly before undergoing surgery.
- Sun Sensitivity: Excessive lavender tea consumption can increase the sensitivity of the skin, and may also cause skin irritation and .
If you experience any of these side effects, stop using lavender tea immediately. If you think you may be at risk for a negative interaction with a medication, speak to yourbefore adding this tea to your daily or weekly health regimen.