Drinking tea is a wonderful way to soothe inflammation, but understanding its benefits and potential side effects is also important.root
What is Marshmallow Root Tea?
Marshmallow root tea is a mild Althaea officinalis. Known for its medicinal applications since antiquity, this herbal tea has remained popular in the regions where it grows, including Europe, North America, and North Africa, as well as other parts of the globe. With many healthy properties, powerful , and anti- compounds, you should definitely keep this tea around the house.brewed with the root of the marshmallow plant, scientifically known as
Marshmallow Root Tea Benefits
This tea has a wide range of benefits, including
- Treating dry cough
- Preventing UTI
- Lowering inflammation
- Reducing joint pain
- Preventing kidney stones
This tea is primarily known for soothing inflammation and cooling the body, as well as easing joint pain. It does have some properties, due to the present in the dried root. Some studies have also linked this tea to a reduction in kidney stones. If you feel like you may be getting sick or have a dry cough, you can drink a cup of this tea, due to its and properties.
How to Make Marshmallow Root Tea?
Making marshmallow tea is simple, provided you have dried marshmallow root on hand.
- Step 1: Fill a mason jar 1/4 of the way with dried marshmallow root.
- Step 2: Fill the jar with room temperature water and then seal it.
- Step 3: Allow the mixture to sit overnight.
- Step 4: Strain out the roots, leaving behind a syrupy, light-yellow liquid.
Marshmallow Root Tea Side Effects
When used topically, marshmallow root tea can cause the following:
- Skin Inflammation: It can cause a skin irritation, especially in those who are allergic.
- Stomach Upset: Some people report diarrhea. problems, such as nausea, , bloating or
- Drug Interaction: There is a chance that use of this tea can interfere with medication for diabetes, so speak to your doctor before adding this tea to your health regimen.