Moonshine is a strong, unaged whiskey with an interesting history and a new lease on life due to its growing popularity in certain parts of the .
What is Moonshine?
Moonshine was corn . Moonshine is to have originated from ‘moonrakers’, a term for the Appalachia-based producers and distributors of the beverage. The lack of gives this a raw, hard taste. The making and smuggling of this were often done at night, and the quality, , and alcohol content could vary greatly from batch to batch. Since 2010, however, it has been for licensed distilleries to make and sell this alcohol in the US. Since then, it has seen a major rise in popularity.slang for any illicitly made high- . It is a very strong variety of made from
Long considered a dangerous researched.with serious attached, the benefits of well-regulated moonshine have not yet been fully
- We do know that this alcohol contains cancer. However, as it doesn’t undergo an aging process, moonshine contains less ellagic acid than other forms of whiskey. acid, which can help fight against
- Due to its stress and anxiety, without from the negative side effects of a serious hangover. , this powerful alcohol should be consumed in very moderate amounts to experience the health benefits of reduced
There is a range of different uses for moonshine, including:
- Lighter fluid: Rather than using more toxic gasoline, try flammable moonshine to get your BBQ going.
- Emergency fuel source: Carefully use this liquor outside for heating or .
- Cleaning agent: This alcohol can be directly onto to kills and .
- Antifreeze: Due to its high alcohol content, moonshine can be a alternative to chemical antifreeze solutions.
- Preservative: Again, as a result of its high eggs, meat, vegetables, and fruit. content, this potent potable can be used to preserve
- Mouthwash: Great for killing germs, this whiskey variety in a similar way to other alcohol-based .
Word of Caution: If taken in excess, as with any alcohol, moonshine can cause high levels of intoxication and loss of known to cause damage and . Care is recommended both in choosing and consuming different types of this alcohol. Choose a licensed distillery and drink only in small amounts.control. In serious cases, it has even been