Mulberry vs Blackberry
Whileand may look similar, there are some key differences to understand before consuming these .
- Mulberries belong to the Morus genus and grow on deciduous trees that are native to Europe and , and they are not technically considered berries.
- Mulberries tend to be slightly larger than blackberries and will be in shape, bearing the typical color of -purple. The of mulberries is notorious for staining the skin, , , and , whereas blackberries do not have the same in the juice.
- Mulberries come in a variety of colors, including white, black, and regular (reddish-purple).
- In terms of vitamin A, vitamin K, fiber, , and various . benefits and , mulberries contain
- Mulberry trees are famed in China, where they provide the main food source for silkworms.
- Blackberries belong to the Rubus genus and are native to South America and certain temperate parts of the northern .
- In terms of shape, they can be quite round when small, but become more oval in shape as they grow larger. They are small to medium-sized berries that grow on a blackberry
- These berries are considered true berries, unlike mulberries, and have a very dark color, somewhere between deep purple and black.
- With high levels of both vitamin C and numerous antioxidants, blackberries are great for the system.
- They also have a and tart flavor, making them very popular for .