Perilla oil is a popular ingredient in Korean cuisine due to its unique flavor and versatility in cooking.
What is Perilla Oil?
Perilla oil (Perilla frutescens) is an uncommon vegetable oil made by pressing perilla seeds, the seeds of a plant in the mint family that goes by the same name. It is commonly known as Japanese mint, basil, or shiso. The seeds of this plant are composed of 35 to 45% fats, many of which are beneficial to overall health. In fact, this oil has one of the highest concentration of omega-3 amongst oils. Furthermore, this oil has a unique nutty and aromatic taste, making it a very popular flavor ingredient and food additive, in addition to being a healthy cooking oil.
In terms of appearance, this oil is light yellow in color and quite viscous, and is widely considered a healthy oil to use in cooking. Although it is primarily found in Korean cuisine as well as other Asian traditions, it is becoming more popular in the United States and other nations due to its health potential.
Benefits of Perilla Oil
There are a number of impressive benefits of perilla oil, including its ability to fight against skin, and prevent allergic reactions, among others.and viral , boost the health of the
- against breast cancer potential
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases due to its high level of omega-3 fatty acid
- Relieves symptoms of colitis
- Treats arthritis
- Reduces scalp irritation
- Minimizes attacks
- Aids in weight control
- Prevents premature aging and increases skin health
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces allergic reactions
- Defends against chronic disease due to its activity
- Stops water loss in the body
- Improves brain health and prevents diseases, such as ’s
How to Use Perilla Oil?
Just like most vegetable oils, perilla oil is used in cooking, particularly for savory meals that could use a nutty and flavorful boost.
- Culinary uses: Apart from cooking it is also a popular ingredient in dipping sauces.
- Industrial uses: Printing inks, paints, industrial solvents, and varnish.
- Lamps: In traditional use, this oil was even used to fuel lamps for light.
- Medicinal uses: Perilla oil powder is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, more specifically, the alpha-linolenic acid that helps in improving heart health.
Perilla oil is known as healthy vegetable oil, but it still possesses dermatitis symptoms, at which point you should discontinue use. Fortunately, while using perilla oil powder supplements, it has been proven that extended use for up to six months is safe. That being said, before adding any herbal supplements to your health regimen, it is best to speak with a doctor about your specific health conditions.fat and can cause a number of side effects. When applied to the skin, some people experience topical