It is quite a challenge to decide what to cook after a long day at work. Most of us are tired to cook up a meal for ourselves and would rather opt for takeout. However, weekday suppers don’t always have to be this tough. Here’s a delicious and healthy weeknight recipe that comes together quickly when you’re busy juggling a hundred other things. Broccoli cranberry salad will help you fight your busy weeknights. Not only is it quick to prepare but it’s also healthy and nutritious to eat as a meal.
How to make Broccoli Cranberry Salad Recipe?
Broccoli salad is quite versatile. We all have at least one version of broccoli salad, if not more. Broccoli cranberry salad is infused with color, crunch, and flavor. It is the perfect mixture of broccoli, apples, cranberries and a spoonful of lemon syrup. Additionally, you can add an interesting salad dressing and nuts (as per your preference) to enhance its flavor. We have the perfect broccoli cranberry salad recipe for you so let’s get started.
Easy-To-Make Broccoli Cranberry Salad
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8 cups broccoli washed and chopped
- 2-4 sliced onions (as per your preference)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup pecans/nuts optional
- 1 apple/green apple (sliced)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- salt and pepper (as per taste)
- To make broccoli cranberry salad, in a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well they are perfectly blended.
- Slice the apples and add 2 tsp of lemon juice to it. Toss them well so that they develop a sweet and tangy taste. In a large bowl, toss the apples with the onions, dried cranberries, sliced onions or pecans, and nuts. Add the dressing to the ingredients and mix well. Boil the broccoli florets before you add them.
- Once that is done, refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before you serve it. This will allow the dressing to be absorbed by the ingredients. Furthermore, it will allow the flavors to blend properly, thus enhancing the overall taste of the salad.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.