Salsa sauce is the perfect condiment, which goes well with nachos/tacos, tortilla chips, noodles, bean rice and other Mexican delicacies. The salsa recipe is prepared using tomatoes, cilantro, onions, garlic and other fresh uncooked vegetables and, in some cases, fruits. This delicious sauce can bring any boring dish to life. It takes all of just 10 minutes, and is the perfect recipe for last minute potlucks and parties. You can prepare this dip/sauce and serve it with chips or nachos and you’ll be good to go!
How to make Salsa Sauce?
What makes for an ideal recipe? Well, an ideal recipe is definitely one that has a short cooking time, an uncomplicated list of ingredients, requires low maintenance prep and one that turns out flavorful and delicious by the end of it all. Our salsa recipe checks all these criteria and can give all your store-bought salsa jars a run for their money. A perfect blend of tomatoes, onions, lime and cilantro, this salsa recipe will feel like it came straight from your favorite Mexican food restaurant. In fact, much better! So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Best Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves fresh
- 1/4 cup onions chopped
- 2 10-ounce cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes whole, with juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 whole jalapeno sliced thin with seeds and membrane
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- To make salsa sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine the whole tomatoes, the diced tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, garlic, onions, cumin, salt, sugar and lime. Blend it till you get the salsa in the consistency you prefer.
- Once you get your desired consistency, (probably after 15-17 pulses), try it out with tortilla chips to see if the seasoning is right. You can add sugar, salt, lime juice according to the taste.
- Thereafter, refrigerate the salsa sauce for an hour before you serve it. This way all flavors will seep and blend properly. And voila you have your authentic Mexican salsa ready!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.