Chaga mushrooms are used to make medicinal tea which boosts immunity and is anti-inflammatory. For the uninitiated, chaga mushrooms grown on birch trees. More than a mushroom, it resembles a dark clump of dirt, but it is distinguished from other growths thanks to its orange tissue. This exotic tea has an earthy taste and is quite easy to prepare! All you need is chaga mushroom chunks and water. So, let’s brew some chaga tea, shall we?
How To Make Chaga Tea
- 1 tspn chaga mushroom (powder)
- 1 cup water (filtered)
- Bring a cup of water to boil in a kettle or saucepan and switch the heat off.
- Add chaga powder or 1-inch chaga chunks to the boiled water.
- Cover and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. Some people prefer to steep it for 30 minutes for stronger extraction of bioactive ingredients.
- The tea water will be a reddish brown in color. Strain the chaga tea and enjoy it hot or cold! You may choose to add maple syrup or honey for flavor.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.