You may not know that dandelion weeds growing all over your yard are actually a healthy herb. Every part of this weed is edible and equally healthy. are used to make drinks and , while the leaves are an important ingredient in most . The roots of the herb, on the other hand, are roasted to use as a healthy substitute for coffee. Wonderfully multi-purpose, isn’t it? Dandelion tea has some amazing health benefits, that include naturally boosting , enabling cleansing and preventing tract . Well, the of dandelion root tea and dandelion leaf tea, are mentioned below. Jump straight to the one that you’d like to and get started with the preparation!
How to Make Dandelion Tea
Dandelion Root Tea (Total time: 45 minutes)
- 1 tbsp dandelion root (dried and coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups water (filtered)
Dandelion Leaf Tea (Total time: 10 minutes)
- 1 tsp dandelion leaves (dried)
- 1 cup water (boiling hot)
Dandelion Root Tea
- Pour the water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add the coarsely chopped dandelion root into the boiling water and let it boil for another 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside. Let the tea steep for about 30 mins.
- Now strain the tea into a cup using a strainer.
- Curl up in your sofa and enjoy the hot dandelion root tea!
Dandelion Leaf Tea
- Add dried dandelion leaves in a cup.
- Pour boiling water over the leaves in the cup.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Serve the tea with a slice of lime!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.