Fruit tea is arguably one of the most refreshing beverages, especially if you are looking to swap your regular cup of tea with something sweeter and cooler. Depending on who you are asking, there are two types of fruit teas. One is with the tea, one is without. Today, we check out how the tea version can be made.
What is Fruit Tea?
Fruit tea is a delicate balance of the body and character of tea with the flavor and sweetness of fresh or dried fruits. Depending on your taste, there are multiple fruits that you can use to make this tea. Following are some of the options:
If you are open to experimenting, pick the seasons best, fresh produce to make your tea burst with refreshing flavor.
How to Make Fruit Tea?
The key ingredients are fruits, tea, water, and sugar or honey. The easy way to go about it is getting a fruit tea mix from your local tea store and let it steep to give you a cup of freshness. However, if you are looking to make it from scratch, here is a recipe to let you do it yourself.
- 4 bags black tea or loose
- honey to taste
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 liter water
- slices of strawberries, apple, & peaches
- Boil water and add the tea bags. Allow steeping for 5-10 minutes, or depending on how strong or light you like your tea.
- Stir in honey. You can also swap it for sugar or sweetener. Let the tea cool down for 10-20 minutes.
- Transfer the tea to a bigger glass jar or pitcher. To this, add the fruit juices and slices. Let this mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Finish it by adding water. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.