Flaxseed oil or, as some people know it, linseed oil is derived from seeds of the flax plant. Unlike other plant-based oils, it shouldn’t be used in cooking.
There are manyon the market and people are often having trouble with choosing which one to buy. That is why we have prepared a one-stop guide to flaxseed oil, including the reviews of the best brands and products, as well as the important information about purchasing and storing the item.
Zahler Flaxseed Oil
- 100% pure
- Made in the USA
Zahler flaxseed oil supplement is made by using the cold-pressed method to extract oil from flax seeds. The result is a product that is completely natural and rich in nutritive ingredients. It has a high amount of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), which makes it extremely healthy. It is unrefined and contains no artificial ingredients.
Nature’s Potent Flaxseed Oil
- Made in the USA
Nature’s Potent flaxseed oil is an excellent nutritional supplement that will promote your overall well-being. It helps with the health of your hair, skin, and nails and it boosts your immune system and heart health. The product is completely manufactured in the USA.
Nature Made Flaxseed Oil
- An excellent substitute for fish
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for your cardiovascular health and flaxseed oil has plenty of it. If fish is not a part of your diet, this supplement is a great substitute. The product is completely organic and comes in the form of soft gels.
NatureWise Flaxseed Oil
Those of you that purchase from Amazon surely know the worth of the bestseller label on the product. NatureWise flaxseed oil is exactly that – the most popular product on Amazon. Aside from the fact that it has all the nutritional value you expect from flaxseed oil, such as omega-3s and high ALA, it is also completely non-GMO. This premium quality oil is also gluten-free which puts it in the hypoallergenic product group.
Solgar Flaxseed Oil
- Perfect for casting iron cookware
Nutritional supplement perfect forto use it. It is rich in omega fatty acids and it is a completely Earth source organic product. Aside from promoting your overall well-being, it can also be used for casting iron skillets and kitchen pots. The product is made in New Jersey.
Now Foods Flaxseed Oil
The premium quality flaxseed oil is usually non-GMO and this product complies with that condition. Now Foods manufactured an organic and unrefined oil, although it is not 100% from flax seeds. You can use it as a nutritional supplement or for casting your iron cookware.
Jarrow Flaxseed Oil
- Minimized oxidation of fatty acids
An important thing during the manufacturing process of flaxseed oil is to prevent fatty acid oxidation. Jarrow uses a special process that eliminates oxygen and light during both manufacturing and packing. That way, they ensure that they deliver the highest-quality flaxseed oil.
2Healthy Flaxseed Oil
2Healthy flaxseed oil delivers everything that you might expect from a product in this category. It promotes heart health and can be an important part of a healthy diet. It also boosts your immune system and enhances the health of your hair, skin, and nails. The formula of the product is made by doctors and tested by the third party. The product is completely non-GMO and capsules are easy to digest.
Puritan’s Pride Flaxseed Oil
- Minimized fatty acid oxidation
Puritan’s Pride uses a light- and climate-controlled process to ensure that there is as little fatty acid oxidation as possible during the manufacturing. The product comes in liquid form and it is easy to use, while it has a bunch of nutritive ingredients. You can also use it for casting your iron pans and pots, considering that the flaxseed oil can make the surface not sticky, which enables easy cleaning.
Nature’s Bounty Flaxseed Oil
- No solvents used
Nature’s Bounty flaxseed oil is asupplement rich in Omega-3s and other nutritive ingredients, such as alpha- acid. Fish should be an important part of every diet, but if you don’t like to eat it, use this as a substitute.
Flaxseed Oil – Select, Buy, & Store
- Flaxseed oil usually comes in liquid form or as capsules or soft gels. You should choose one of these per your convenience, but regardless of your selection, you should make sure that you buy a reliable product brand.
- The manufacturing process can largely influence how healthy flaxseed oil is. To maximize the benefits and avoid any potential issues, it’s best to pick a manufacturer that already has established its on the market.
- It is quite easy to find flaxseed oil as you can buy it in your local stores or by heading to the and ordering the product from one of the major online shops.
- Each flaxseed oil product has an expiration date written on the box. Although it is an estimate, it is recommended to use it until that date.
- The oil is sensitive to three things – oxygen, light, and heat. Therefore, the best way to store flaxseed oil is to use a dark bottle that you are going to seal tightly. While you can keep it at room temperature, if you have a warmer climate during the summer, it might be best to keep it in the fridge. That way you will keep it from going rancid and expand its shelf life.