You may have never tried arak, but it is widely enjoyed in certain parts of the world and has a flavor that you would almost certainly recognize!
What is Arak?
Arak is a clear anise-flavored aperitif that originated in the Levant region of the Middle East. It tastes like or black licorice, a key ingredient in the second round of distilling. It is usually made from grapes. Arak is a highly potent , ranging from 30% to 60% by volume, or ABV. It is also traditionally combined with and chilled with ice, and the addition of water causes the anise oils to emulsify, or break down into smaller particles, which gives the its milky-white appearance. It is similar to Ouzo, the Greek spirit, although ouzo is generally distilled to a lower ABV.
How to Drink Arak?
There are many popular ways to consume this liquor variety, let us take a look at them below.
- This specialty liquor is traditionally drunk diluted with water and ice, such that it turns white.
- In Lebanon and surrounding countries, it is often consumed with mezze, or a variety of small appetizers, since it complements the flavors of a wide range of foods.
- It has recently become a popular spirit that is added to , as the taste is light and refreshing.
Note: It is wise to remember that even when this alcohol is diluted with water or mixers, it is a very powerful form of alcohol, and you should not drink more than three servings of the.
How To Make An Arak Cocktail?
One of the most popularmade with Arak is called Beirut.
Beirut Cocktail Recipe
- 6 oz pomegranate juice
- 3 oz Arak
- 1.5 oz simple syrup
- 1.5 oz club soda
- Take 4 shots of pomegranate juice and add 2 shots of Arak.
- Combine with 1 shot of simple syrup and 1 shot of club soda
- Mix or use a cocktail shaker to combine and serve
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please