What is Black Currant Tea?
Blackcurrant tea is an herbal beverage brewed from the flavorful berries of the blackcurrant bush, which is scientifically known as Ribes nigrum. For centuries, the fruit of this plant, as well as the leaves, have been used to brew a powerful tea with a wide range of nutrients and free of caffeine.
You can use either the dried berries or the chopped leaves, both of which will provide a rich supply of antioxidants and other active ingredients, such as vitamin C, tannins, and gamma-linolenic acid.
- High in vitamin C
- Antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Reducing inflammation throughout the body
- Protecting the skin against various conditions
- Inducing sleep and preventing insomnia
- Boosting mood
- Regulating hormones
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Optimizing digestive function
- Preventing cancer
- Treating cold and flu and infections
- Improving memory
- Preventing urinary tract infections (UTI)
How to Make?
Making your own black currant tea at home is possible if you follow these simple instructions!
- Step 1: Using either 2 teaspoons of the chopped leaves or a teaspoon of the dried fruits.
- Step 2: Add hot water to the mixture and allow it to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Step 3: Strain the tea leaves and enjoy, adding honey as necessary, for flavor.
Drinking an excessive amount of this tea can result in a number of side effects, such as the following:
- Complications of pregnancy
- Difficulty sleeping
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Potential bleeding disorders