Blackis a delicious and popular type of that packs a nutritious and can provide a number of benefits if you add it to your diet.
What is Black Currant?
Blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum) is a small,, and berry-producing that grows widely in Europe and parts of . This shrub is cultivated extensively and grows in the wild, producing bunches of dark purple or nearly black colored berries, which have a rich and woody and a unique sour flavor. While they can be eaten raw, these berries are most commonly cooked, as this can bring out the sweetness, making them more .
The active ingredients in this plant can also be found in the leaves and above-ground parts, which have been used in various traditional remedies. These can now be found in the United States, but it was long believed that these berries could spread floral , so the plants were banned, which is why black currant remains much more popular in Europe.
vitamin C, more than 3 times the amount of acid you need into less than a one-cup serving. These berries also high levels of B vitamins, such as and pantothenic acid. A 100-gram serving only contains 63 , but a wealth of essential minerals, including iron, calcium, magnesium, and copper. This is in addition to the range of , including and , which provide even more health benefits. These berries also contain measurable levels of -3 and omega-6 fatty acids, making them quite unique among fruits.speaking, these small berries are a rich source of
- Protect the system with its high level of C
- Lower cholesterol, which can lower the atherosclerosis and of
- Improve reduce inflammation health and
- Boost skin appearance and prevent dry skin
- Improve vision and slow the of
- Lower the risk of cancer and cellular mutation
- Optimize constipation system and eliminate symptoms of
- Prevent problems, which can improve levels
- Slow down hair loss
- Speed healing process from the
- Relieve and issues
- Aid sleep issues and increase energy levels
- Minimize the symptoms of
- Protect against
- Antioxidant, , and
- sore throat a
There are many different ways to use black currant in, such as the following:
- with the or cooked berries
- Black currant
- Black currant tea or
- Black currant essential oil derived from the seeds
These berries are also commonly juiced, and can further be made into various liqueurs that are popular in many . You can find of blackcurrant in capsule and form as well
Depending on where you are in the products, as they are particularly common in Europe., you may find it easy to find various black currant-containing
Black Currant Side Effects
Despite the many health benefits of these common berries, there are a number of side effects associated with consuming too much.
- Due to the presence of diarrhea or headaches after consuming too many black currant berries. - acid, some report
- Some people may also have problems with clotting, so if you have a , it is best to consult your or avoid consuming these berries.
Finally, given the concentration of compounds and the measurable effects on the , and breastfeeding should use these berries only in moderation, and should discuss the addition to their diet with a doctor.