How Much Caffeine is in Oolong Tea?
When it comes to the caffeine content of, there is a rather broad range in terms of content.
- It ranges between 16 mg to 55 mg in an 8-ounce cup of tea.
- The weakest type of oolong tea, Tea Ren, contains roughly 16 mg of caffeine per serving
- The strongest variety can have upwards of 55-60 mg per cup
Other varieties are in the 30-40 mg of caffeine range. Generally speaking, oolong tea falls in the middle of teas when it comes to caffeine. This variety of tea typically has less caffeine than a cup of green tea., but more caffeine than is found in
Oolong Tea Caffeine vs Coffee
When comparing coffee and oolong tea caffeine contents, coffee is a clear winner.
- Coffee contains an average of 95 milligrams in an 8-ounce cup
- Whereas oolong tea (on average), contains half as much caffeine. This makes oolong tea popular with those who are sensitive to the effects of caffeine.
- Oolong tea is also preferred to coffee by some because of the contained in this type of tea, as well as every other variety of .
Regardless of the source of caffeine, drinking an excessive amount of tea or coffee can result in negative side effects that include:
- Mood swings
Drink oolong tea responsibly, particularly if you’re or have a sensitive stomach. You can consume 2-3 cups of oolong tea per day, but beyond that, it is best to speak with your doctor.