Celery is perhaps the most commonly used but underestimated . It is that ingredient which is often the supporting cast, but rarely the star. The is that rare dish that happens when these leafy stalks come into their own. Its crispness is perfect for those times when you want something light, but with a kick. It is also suitable for those trying to lose weight, or are on a vegan/vegetarian diet.
Celery is a natural choice for anyone who wants to restrict their diet. Since most of it is composed of carbohydrates or harmful fats. Instead, it contains a mix of naturally-occurring compounds that give it healing properties. As a 2017 review published in the Journal of Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine found out, celery contains powerful ., it is naturally low in
How To Make Celery Salad With Apples & Walnuts?
Fresh, zingy, and invigorating, a celery salad can be had on its own or as an accompaniment. The crisp pepperiness of the celery is perfectly off-balanced by the apples. The walnuts provide crunch and texture. You can also use this recipe as a base, adding other ingredients to further build it. For instance, add chicken and sweet cherries or dates. You can substitute the with pears or pomegranate and with almonds.tartness of the
Celery Salad With Apple and Walnuts Recipe
- 8 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 large apple Honey Crisp or Granny Smith
For the dressing
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small shallot minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- For the celery salad, start with the celery stalks. Trim the leaves and keep aside. Now thinly slice the stalks on a deep diagonal. Place the celery stalk pieces in cold water for an hour. This will help soften them.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread out the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until brown. This should take 8-10 minutes.
- Slice the apples with peels on. Quarter and then core the apple. Now cut each quarter in three. You should have 12 slices in all.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a bowl and give them a brisk stir so that you have an emulsion.
- To assemble the salad, pat dry the celery pieces. Put all the salad ingredients on a shallow plate and toss it to coat with the dressing.
- For an alternate dressing, you can use a white wine vinaigrette.
- You can use roasted almonds in place of walnuts.
- To make this into a meal, add some grilled chicken to the salad.
If you made our celery salad recipe, please share your experience with us. If you have another recipe, tell us about it. While we cannot taste your food, we would love to hear from you in the comment section below.