What is Chickpea Flour?
gluten-free alternative, but it is also used in various medicinal forms, including as a paste for the skin. This flour is typically made from either raw or roasted chickpea, which will provide two different flours, one bitter and the other pleasantly flavored, respectively. Due to the high carbohydrate level, this flour represents an important element in many regions.flour is a type of flour made from ground chickpeas and is commonly known as gram flour or besan, depending on where in the world you happen to be. You often find this as a staple ingredient on the Indian , as well as other Asian nations. Not only is it beneficial as a
How to Make Chickpea Flour?
Making chickpea flour at home is certainly possible if you want to move away from wheat flour and other less nutritious options. You can replace almost any other type of flour with chickpea flour, and while the taste may be slightly different, it is a very effective binding agent.
- Step 1: First, you must let the chickpeas sprout by soaking them and rinsing them, then arranging them in a container.
- Step 2: After they begin to , place them in a dehydrator until all the moisture has been removed.
- Step 3: Place the chickpeas in a food processor or blender.
- Step 4: Blend for 2-3 minutes, until all the large pieces are ground down.
- Step 5: Sieve the remaining powdered flour, separating the large pieces.
- Step 6: Using a mortar and pestle, break the remaining pieces into a .
- Step 7: Store in an container until you are ready to use the flour.