The endomorph diet is a helpful diet and exercise plan if you fall within an endomorph body type and struggle to control your weight.
What is an Endomorph Diet?
An endomorph diet is one that is designed for people who are bigger-boned and tend to put on weight more easily. Everybody is different, but generally speaking, they fall into three different categories – ectomorphs, mesomorphs, and endomorphs. Ectomorphs are generally tall and thin and have difficulty putting on weight, while mesomorphs tend to be more muscular and athletic, and can easily control and moderate their weight. Endomorphs are the final category, and tend to have a larger body type that gains weight quickly; you may also struggle with your fat levels. While this body type is present in both women and men, women often struggle more with changing their weight.
While mesomorphs are able to build muscle easily, endomorphs tend to react very quickly to the overconsumption of food, often storing those excess calories as fat. For this reason, a specific dietary plan and exercise regimen should be followed if you are an endomorph who wants to take control of your health.
Endomorph Diet Plan
If you intend to follow an endomorph diet, you will need to follow strict guidelines on the types of foods you eat, along with certain lifestyle and mealtime changes. This diet is not about drastic calorie reduction but is a long-term diet plan to gradually shed weight in a healthy way. You should only reduce your caloric intake by roughly 250 calories from your normal diet.
Foods to Include
- Lean protein (beef)
- Healthy fats (olive oil)
- Carbohydrates (beans and legumes)
- Macadamia nuts
- Fatty fish
- Protein powder
Tips for an Endomorph Diet
- Fill up on veggies: The nutrient density and high level of fiber will help you feel full and prevent overeating.
- Eat slowly: The slower you eat, the more time your body will have to let you know when it’s full.
- Prioritize protein: These foods will help you build muscle, rather than store fat.
Sample Meal Plan
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1 piece of bacon, wilted spinach.
- Lunch: 4 ounces of baked chicken, a small salad of spinach, carrots, and tomatoes, 2 fish oil capsules.
- Dinner: Homemade chili, 1 cup of steamed broccoli, 2 fish oil capsules.
Endomorph Diet Exercises
The endomorph diet is not only about eating the right foods, but also about exercising in the right way. If you want to lose weight, you will need to combine cardiovascular exercises with strength training 4-5 times each week. The goal is to burn an additional 250 calories, on top of the 250 calories you shaved off your daily intake of food. Perform at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.