Honey water can be an excellent option for those looking for a quick health boost. Not only is it easy to make and inexpensive, it can provide a wide range of unexpected health benefits.
What is Honey Water?
Honey water, as the name suggests, is a beverage made by combining honey with warm water. This health tonic is typically consumed first thing in the morning, before meals, or before you go to bed, but its benefits can be accessed at any time of day. Used in traditional medical applications for generations, this simple at-home tonic is becoming much more popular across the world, as it can be an inexpensive and effective strategy to improve your overall health.
Benefits of Honey Water
Honey is known to suppress the body’s allergic response by optimizing the immune system. This can reduce unnecessary inflammation around the body, particularly for people with sensitive systems that respond to minor stimuli.
Drinking water can help you feel full, which will reduce your likelihood of or snacking between meals. Honey can also satisfy your sweet tooth, thus helping you avoid unhealthy, sugary snacks with far more . This beverage is also known to increase metabolism, which can increase passive fat-burning, further aiding weight loss efforts.
Boosts Immune System
Honey has powerful presence of hydrogen peroxide. In addition to this, honey has good levels of vitamin C, which can help to stimulate the production of white blood cells and defend the body against foreign agents and infectious pathogens.qualities, aided by the
Protects Respiratory Health
One of the most well-known uses for honey water is as a remedy for respiratory issues, such as a sore throat, coughing or sinus . This combination of warm water and honey can help clear out the sinuses, soothe inflammation in the respiratory tracts, and suppress coughs.
Aids in Digestion
Honey in every form is known for its anti-excess flatulence or any other problems, a daily dose of honey water can quickly soothe those irritating and uncomfortable symptoms. This can even help improve nutrient uptake efficiency!effects on the body, particularly on the stomach. If you are suffering from nausea, indigestion, cramping, bloating,
How to Make Honey Water?
Making your own honey water is one of the easiest health remedies, as all you need is hot water and honey, although some people do like to add other ingredients to boost the health impact, such as apple cider vinegar, cinnamon or lemon.
- Step 1: Boil 2-3 cups of water in a pot or saucepan.
- Step 2: Allow the water to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3: Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey – depending on your sweet tooth – once the water is cool.
- Step 4: Stir in other ingredients and enjoy!
Note: Do not add the honey to boiling water, as this will cause denaturing of the proteins and compromise the quality of the beverage.
Honey Water Side Effects
There are a few possible side effects of drinking honey with warm water, particularly if you consume an excessive amount, such as elevated blood sugar levels, possible tooth decay, and weight gain.
- Blood Sugar: Honey does contain a moderate amount of sugar per serving, which can cause problems for diabetic patients who need to keep their blood sugar under control.
- Tooth Decay: As with any sugar-rich substance, honey and water can spread sugar across your teeth, which could increase your risk of tooth decay and cavities.
- Weight Gain: With more than 60 calories per tablespoon, a single cup of honey water could represent more than 5% of your daily caloric intake, which could eventually lead to weight gain.