What is Honeysuckle Tea?
Honeysuckle active ingredients. This flower has been in use for , and the tea is extremely simple to make. to the high concentration of quercetin, , calcium, potassium, manganese, and other , this floral tea can be a wonderful addition to your regimen.is an made from the of the honeysuckle plant, which belong to the Caprifoliaceae family; one of the most common forms is known as Lonicera periclymenum. There are nearly 200 different species of this flower, but many of them share similar profiles and
How to Make Honeysuckle Tea?
If you want toyour own honeysuckle tea at home, it couldn’t be . This is usually prepared warm but then served , as a refreshing drink.
- Collect open honeysuckle flowers, plucking them at the base, so the is retained.
- Place a handful of flowers in a large jar.
- Bring 4 cups of boil, then remove from and wait 2 minutes. to
- Pour the hot water over the flowers in the jar.
- Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature as it steeps.
- Serve over and store the remaining tea in the .
Honeysuckle Tea Benefits
The most impressive benefits of honeysuckle tea include the following:
Some of the active ingredients in these flowers have shown a remarkable ability to fight off the and that can cause the common cold and the flu. Let us look at the benefits in detail:
By improving the efficiency of thesystem, drinking this floral tea can help to prevent unnecessary immune responses from the , and reduce the severity of reactions.
Detoxify the Body
One of the unusual effects of this tea is that it makes you sweat – an excellent way for the body to rapidly eliminate that have been building up.
Honeysuckle Tea Side Effects
Aside from the many health benefits, there are some side effects when taken in excess, and can be dangerous forwho are or .
- Generally speaking, pregnant women are recommended to avoid this tea, as there is only a limited amount of research on its effects.
- It can also be a blood , so on blood-thinning medication or those planning on undergoing surgery should speak with their before using this tea.