How to Make Moonshine?
To make moonshine legally, you need a license. It is vital to take thoroughprecautions and use the right equipment.
Equipment for Making Moonshine
- Drill with 1/4″ bit
- 1/4″ wide copper tubing
- 15 gallon (or bigger)
- Sterilized large storage bucket
- New or sterilized
- Sterilized large wooden
- String or
- Step 1: With a 1/4″ bit, drill a hole in the top of the cooker.
- Step 2: Insert the copper tubing, which should fit and come through the underside of the lid no more than an inch.
- Step 3: The tube will go from the cooker to the sink, and from the sink to the ground.
- Step 4: Ensure that your tubing is the right length for this purpose.
Ingredients for 10-gallon mash (40l)
- 10 gallons of Spring
- 14 lbs (4.2kg) of cracked corn, free of .
- 14 lbs (4.2kg) of sugar
- 2 of distillers
Making the Mash
To make the, please refer the following steps:
- Step 1: Boil the water to a rolling .
- Step 2: Stir the cornmeal into the water until it becomes a paste.
- Step 3: Remove mixture and, once cool, pour into the bucket.
- Step 4: Stir in the yeast and .
Theprocess allows the yeast to convert the into .
- Step 1: With string or tape, cover the bucket with the cheesecloth.
- Step 2: Store in a dark, cool .
- Step 3: Observe the production of a light brown foam and on top of the liquid.
- Step 4: When the liquid stops producing this foam, the sugars are fully converted and it is ready for distillation.
The distillation process involves the following steps. Let us take a look at them in detail below.
- Step 1: the mash (known as ‘sour mash’) through the cheesecloth into a clean metal pot, discarding any leftover lumps.
- Step 2: From the pot, the sour mash into the pressure cooker and put the lid on.
- Step 3: Ensure the tubing runs from the lid of the cooker to a sink filled with water.
- Step 4: Position the tube so that it coils at the bottom of the sink (weigh down with a if necessary) and then bring the tube out of the sink to a container on the ground.
- Step 5: With constant monitoring, the contents of the cooker to no more than 177°F (80 °C).
- Step 6: Discard any toxic liquid that comes out of the copper tube before the pressure cooker reaches the temperature.
- Step 7: When you have finished the collection of the liquid at 177°F (80 °C) (no lower or higher) you can transfer the 90-95% alcohol to jars. It can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Step 8: Reduce the alcohol content to half by adding water.
Once diluted, it can be consumed, but extreme moderation is still recommended.