A lager is a type of beer that comes in an array of flavors and styles, making it one of the most popular styles of beer in the world.
What is a Lager?
A lager is a type of beer that is aged, or ‘conditioned’, at low temperatures. Like other types of beer, it is made from beverages, a pint of this beer can contain up to 240 calories.grain, but aging at low temperatures allows the yeast to survive longer, which brings out more flavors. This beer style can be both light and dark in color and is best when drunk cold. It usually has 3-6% ABV, although some styles are brewed to be stronger. One of the most -packed
Types of Lager Beer
There are many different types of lager beer, these include pale, Vienna, amber, and specialty lager. They make for amazing refreshment on a summer’s day and are best served chilled.
- Pale: Pale in both name and nature, this type is lightly grassy, a little sweet and watery.
- Vienna: This is an Austrian variety that is amber in color and has a malty flavor.
- Dark: Very rich and malty, these types are dark in color and tend to have a high ABV.
- Amber: These provide a good middle ground between the dark and pale varieties; amber lagers are medium-bodied, tend to have roasted caramel and interesting malt flavors, and can vary in levels of .
- Specialty: For the curious beer drinkers, there is a fantastic range of specialty lagers, from smoked to sour.
Lager Beer Nutrition
Lager is made with hops, which contain a range of vitamins, such as B6, C, and E. It is also a source of , protein, and potassium. Yeast, used in beer, can also be a good source of and fiber and, when consumed in small quantities, is believed to be a good source of anti- .