If you haven’t incorporated lemon extract into your in some way, you are missing out on a delicious and potentially beneficial ingredient for your overall .
What is Lemon Extract?
vodka and other types of alcohol can also be used. This process allows the of the fruit to bind with the alcohol, resulting in the alcohol taking on the flavor of lemon, without all of the acid and other components of . Alcohol, in this case, functions as a binding agent that holds the flavor in place over time, whereas normal or the themselves would eventually lose this quality. Lemon extract is commonly used in applications and other flavoring uses in the kitchen, as well as for some natural health remedies.extract is primarily a flavoring agent that is made by soaking a in some form of , typically ethyl alcohol, although
How to Make Lemon Extract With & Without Alcohol?
There are two main ways to make lemon extract – with and without alcohol. Most, by definition, are made by soaking the desired material (in this case, lemon peel) in alcohol, but that isn’t the only option.
- Step 1 – Remove the peels from 2-3 lemons and add to a small jar.
- Step 2 – Cover the peels with and .
- Step 3 – Allow this extract to sit for 3-4 weeks before removing the peels.
- Step 1 – Remove the peels from 2-3 lemons and add them to a small mason jar.
- Step 2 – Cover the peels with a mixture of 3 parts food-grade and 1 part .
- Step 3 – Allow the extracts to sit for at least 2 months before using.
- Step 4 – These extracts don’t need to be and should last for up to 5 years!
Lemon Extract Uses
This extract is known to slow the spread of and bacterial , making it a booster for your immune system’s defenses.
Multiple studies have linked lemons and lemon extract to stop the proliferation of .treatment, as it can
Mixing a small amount of lemon extract with warm water and canker sores very quickly, due to its properties.with it can help eliminate
Difference Between Lemon Essence & Lemon Extract
As mentioned earlier, lemon extract is made by essential oils and flavor from lemon peels. Lemon , on the other , is either an imitation extract, flavored like lemon through the use of certain chemicals, or it is a highly concentrated form of lemon extract – often 3-4 times more powerful than a traditional extract.the