tea has been in practice for of years, but it has only recently begun to spread to other parts of the .Longjing
What is Longjing Tea?
Longjing green tea that is commonly called ‘ Well tea’ and is prepared by by heating in large pans or woks. This type of green tea is roasted soon after being picked, which stops the oxidation process, similar to most other green tea varieties. By stopping the oxidation process, this type of tea is able to retain a very high concentration of , , and other compounds. This highly sought-after tea has a surprisingly high level of , almost the same as a cup of coffee, but there are other active ingredients that can soothe the . This specialty tea has a mildly taste, similar to other green , but it is light yellow in color, rather than the yellow-green color of most other similar teas.is a variety of
Longjing Tea Varieties
There are various types of this tea, including Shi Feng Longjing tea, Mei Jia Wu Longjing tea, and xi hu Longjing tea, among others.
- Shi Feng – These leaves are -green and the tea has a very strong and flavor.
- Mei Jia Wu – The unusual jade-green color of this tea makes it very .
- Xi Hu – This tea is known for its concentrated potency, and ability to be used repeatedly in different .
Longjing Tea Benefits
The top benefits of this tea include its effect on the following:
With a high and polyphenolic compounds, this tea can lower your risk of various .of catechins
Stress and Anxiety
The substance, helping to counter the stimulant effects of the caffeine in the tea.found in this specialty tea is a known
How to Make Longjing Tea?
Making your own Longjing tea at home is simple, provided you have access to the leaves.
- Add 3 grams of dried Longjing tea into a or .
- boil, then remove from heat and allow the water to cool for 3-4 minutes. a of to
- Pour the warm water into the cup slowly, allowing the leaves to float on top.
- Let the tea steep for 2-3 minutes, then out the leaves and enjoy!
Longjing Tea Side Effects
There are very few side effects to this tea, but as with any beverage containing caffeine, there can be side effects related to problems, such as diarrhea, constipation, and upset. Furthermore, drinking an excessive amount of this tea can cause system problems and .