What is Pineapple Tea?
Pineapple tea is a floral beverage made with pineapple fruit, seeds, skin or leaves, and can even be made by blending pineapple juice into a regular tea preparation. This variation of how it is made can have a slight effect on the health benefits of this tea, although many of the key active ingredients in this tea are present, regardless of preparation method. Many people also prefer to drink pineapple tea, rather than buying from the store, which is often processed or contains too many sugars. Pineapple tea retains the flavor of pineapples, in most preparations. While it is most popular in tropical regions where pineapples grow, the availability of this fruit and the ease of production of the tea has made it sought after in non-tropical regions as well.
Pineapple Tea Benefits
The most impressive benefits of pineapple tea include its effects on the following:
- Weight loss
- Improving the mood
- Relieving anxiety
- Boosting the immune system
- Improving metabolism.
- Reducing inflammation
- Preventing premature aging
- May aid in lowering the risk of chronic diseases
Let us discuss them in detail below:
Bromelain is the most well known active ingredient in pineapple, and it has been directly connected to reducing inflammation, which is why this tea is often recommended for people with . This effect is why so many people use pineapple tea to eliminate water retention, as it can induce urination and minimize the symptoms of edema. This anti- effect also makes it good for people who suffer from chronic headaches or irritable bowel syndrome. With very high levels of vitamin C in this tea, along with various other , pineapple tea can prevent premature aging and lower your risk of chronic disease and diseases.
There are those who recommend this tea for weight loss, due to its nutrient density, but lack of calories (unless you add fresh-squeezed juice, which can increase calorie count). Additionally,is linked to stimulating the , which can help many aspects of health, from hormonal levels to energy production.
How to Make Pineapple Tea?
If you wish to make this tea at home, the most important thing is to decide your method of brewing. If you want to lose weight with pineapple tea, it is best to avoid using the juice of the fruit, and instead, utilize the fruit with skin and leaves. Here’s the step-by-step recipe to make pineapple tea at home.
Pineapple Tea Recipe
- 1 pineapple peel, crown, scraps
- 1 knob ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 lit water
- 4-5 teabags
- To make slimming pineapple tea, you can cut and simmer an entire ripe pineapple along with its skin in 2 liters of water, and add 2 cinnamon sticks for flavor. You can also blend it once boiled and add it to water and heat. If you don't want too strong a flavor of the cinnamon in your tea, just put one stick.
- Now, add 4-5 tea bags to the boiling water and allow them to steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags. Stir in 2 teaspoons of sugar to it and let it simmer. In case, you use pineapple juice instead of actual pineapple pieces, you can add the juice in this stage.
- Switch off the gas stove and cover the pineapple tea for 2-3 minutes, allowing the tea flavor to completely seep in. Serve it, if you wish to have it hot. If you prefer to have it cold, refrigerate it for a while.
Pineapple Tea Side Effects
There aren’t many side effects to drinking pineapple tea, but you should be aware of the effects it can have on your allergies, as well as potential interactions with medications. Too much bromelain can cause distress, and pregnant or nursing women should speak with a doctor before consuming this tea. Allergic reactions to this tea are rare, but any swelling or difficulty should be a sign to discontinue use immediately.