Listen to this article
Ayahuasca tea should be made with extreme caution, and only if you are trained in its preparation or are an extremely cautious chef. People who have consumed this have reported incredible effects like discovering their purpose in life and curing . The process to prepare the Ayahuasca tea takes anywhere between 5 to 10 hours.
This ancient tea is psychoactive in nature and is believed to have some incredible healing properties. It is recommended to consume it in small dosages. The tea is easily available in local grocery marts and online stores, however, if you’re keen to prepare the concoction at home, here’s how you can go about it.
Here's How to Make Ayahuasca Tea At Home
- 200 ml vinegar (white vinegar or vinegar apple preferable)
- 160 g mimosa hostilis (shredded or powdered)
- 150 g Banisteriopsis caapi (powder)
- 3 liters water (filtered)
- Heat the water in a large pot until it is just about to reach boiling and then reduce to medium heat.
- Add vinegar and mimosa hostilis to the water and stir thoroughly.
- Cook this for 3 hours at low-medium heat. Do not boil!
- Filter all the liquid using a hand towel or any other cloth. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the mimosa.
- Store the liquid in another pot and then repeat the entire process with fresh water and the same shredded mimosa.
- Repeat the process again. It will leave you with 3 pots of mimosa-infused liquid.
- Combine all three pots of mimosa water and cook on medium heat. Reduce it to 1.5 liters, and make it more concentrated.
- Put the water in the fridge and cool overnight.
- Filter the liquid in the morning to remove any excess particulate matter.
- Warm the liquid on the stove again, but do not boil.
- Add the Banisteriopsis caapi powder and stir for 15-30 minutes on low heat.
- Serve the tea in small amounts.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please