Even a faint aroma of peppermint oil manages to tingle your mind and increase alertness. Needless to say, this oil is used to alleviate pain and improve mood in aromatherapy. You can easily keep peppermint oil handy by making it at home. The essential ingredients in preparing this oil are fairly simple – fresh peppermint leaves, olive oil, and oodles of patience! So let’s get started without further delay!
How To Make Peppermint Oil
- 1 cup peppermint leaves  (fresh)
- 1 cup olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- To make peppermint oil, crush the fresh peppermint leaves with your hands or chop them using a knife. Thereafter, put it in a glass jar.
- Pour olive oil over it and mix thoroughly.
- Close the lid, shake the jar, and let it steep for about 1-2 weeks. Make sure to shake the jar at least once every day.
- Strain the oil using a fine strainer or a cheesecloth in an airtight container.
- Use the oil immediately or store it in a cool and dry place for 3-5 months.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.  
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.