Making rice milk at home is not a difficult process. All you need is , , and a high-speed blender! Not only is rice milk a great vegan and -free alternative, it is also delicious and filled with and . It has a creamy and nutty taste and you can add it to , , and granola. You can even use it as a substitute for regular for . It’s quite easy to make. Follow these simple steps and you’re good to go!
How To Make Rice Milk
- 3/4 cup rice (long-grain white or brown rice)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 date (pitted, optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Soak the rice in boiling hot water for 2-3 hours, so that it is partially cooked. The grains should be soft but must have a hard center. This will enable the rice milk to get a nutty taste.
- Alternatively, you can choose to save time by cooking the rice as per instructions on the package. However, this could give a gummy taste to the rice milk.
- Drain the rice and put it into a blender. Add salt, water, and the sweetener of your choice. Blend it till you get a thick, grainy mixture. It does not have to be smooth. This is the best time to check if you need to add more salt or sweetener.
- Using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain the mixture into a clean glass bowl. Make sure you strain it well to collect all the available rice milk.
- You can store the rice milk in a glass bottle or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy the rice milk chilled or in smoothies. You can also have it with your favorite granola.
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning click here and fill in the details to get started.with us? Please