Drinking a glass of Riesling is a refreshing summer pastime, but this popular wine also has some impressive health benefits!
What is Riesling?
Riesling is a white wine that originated in the Rhine region of grape has put more high-quality white varieties into the market., and some wine experts lament this as the most misunderstood modern wine. In the last century, people have known the wine to be sweet and of low quality, but a shift in for the
Many people wonder if this wine variety is sweet or dry, but surprisingly, it can be both! The way this wine is some sugars or convert them all to . Its elegant aromas and taste can be enjoyed in dry or sweet . A good trick for determining its taste is to check the alcohol content, which varies from 8% in sweeter varieties to 12.5%, indicating a drier wine.will either leave
A variety of red grapes does exist, but few farmers cultivate them. Curiosity about their flavor is growing, so if you happen to see a red variety of this wine, take advantage of a rare opportunity!
There are mainly two types of Riesling, they include the following:
- Dry: The term ‘dry’ refers to wine in which yeast converts all the sugars into alcohol during fermentation. Dry Rieslings taste very crisp and may have subtle notes of .
- Sweet: Sweet wines are prepared by stopping the fermentation process while sugars are still present. Sweet varieties will show off the fruitiness of the grapes, balanced with the minerality of German soil.
Riesling vs Chardonnay
Though both are made from white grapes, location and aging make for two very different wines.
- Origin: Riesling is from Germany, while Chardonnay is from France.
- Aging: Riesling is a ‘young’ wine, and not aged in new oak. Chardonnay is aged in oak, which contributes the vanilla and caramel notes.
- Use: Riesling can be used to make sparkling wine. Chardonnay is the primary grape used to make authentic Champagne.