Sardines vs Anchovies
and are both small, that are available in similar forms, but they are far from the same thing.
- Sardines are a type of that is found in the and the and can be identified by their dark, round spots.
- The word sardine is often falsely given to any species of small, silvery fish in these , even though they are not all sardines.
- These fish are named after a region of , called Sardinia, where these fish were once caught and in large numbers.
- The typical method of sardines is to , grill or marinate them first, particularly if you have a larger fish. Smaller fish are most often tinned and eaten whole.
- These fish are also very high in -3 fatty acids and are considered good for .
- Anchovies tend to be smaller and slimmer than sardines, and lack the .
- Instead, they tend to have a grey or green tinge on their .
- The flavor of this fish is stronger than sardines, and there are more than 140 different species of this fish.
- These fish are often and sold in either an -rolled or salt-cured form.
- You can also lemon. these fish and serve them with
- These fish are also high in omega-3 fatty acids.