What is Sun Tea?
Quite simply, sun tea is a tea that is brewed using only glass jar of water and setting it directly in the sunshine for 2-3 hours. Although many people don’t know this, tea can brew in cold water and hot water; it simply takes longer with the former. The sun can heat the water up enough to release the active ingredients in the tea, but unfortunately, it doesn’t warm the water enough to kill any , which is where some of the risks arise., water, and time. Unlike steeping tea bags in hot water, sun tea is simply made by adding 3-4 teabags to a large
There are some who advise against drinking sun tea due to the risk of quite ill. Fortunately, there are some ways to avoid this problem, such as boiling the tea before using it to make the tea or visually inspecting the surface of the tea after refrigerating it for a few days.of the . If this bacteria is allowed to flourish in the few hours that the tea is steeping, it could make whoever drinks the tea
How to Make Sun Tea?
- Fill a 1-gallon jar with pre-boiled or purified water, once it is back at room temperature.
- Add 5-8 teabags (of your choice) into the jar of water, depending on how strong you want the tea.
- Place the jar in direct outside for 2-3 hours.
- Add lemon slices or a natural for flavor, if desired.
- Be sure to this brew if you make extra; it should keep for a week or so.
Word of Caution