Vervain tea has been embraced for its sedative and calming properties for years. The herb was considered divine by ancient Egyptians as they believed it was born from the tears of the goddess Isis when Osiris passed away. The Aztecs used it as a and the Native American tribes used it for , blood , and .
In this article, let us take a look at what is this made up of, its benefits, and an easy way to make it at home.
What is Vervain Tea?
Vervain Tea Benefits
Vervain or verbena tea helps improve your health in the following ways:
- Anxiety: Research shows that the extracts of vervain herb have mood. properties. This means that it may be helpful in relieving your
- Epileptic seizures: Vervain extracts have been shown to possess anticonvulsant properties, which can potentially prove helpful in fighting .
- Menstruation: It is also useful for women who are having trouble with irregular menses.
- Insomnia: Vervain tea is caffeine-free. Some people prefer drinking it right before bed, as it is known to promote undisturbed sleep.
- Detoxifying properties: A research suggests that vervain can help cleanse your body of toxins as it has diuretic properties. It can also help lower inflammation.
- Stomach health: This tea can help keep your reduce pain. system functioning well and help
How to Make Vervain Tea?
You can make vervain tea in two ways. One is with readily available tea bags and the other by using leaves and flowers of the vervain plant. The tea bags are easily available in supermarkets and online stores.
Let’s take a look at the easy recipe to prepare it at home.
Vervain Tea Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 4 vervain tea bags
- honey, lemon, or stevia optional
- To make vervain tea, bring a saucepan of water to boil.
- Add 4 teabags to the teapot or tea infuser.
- Pour over the boiling water and allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add honey, lemon or stevia to enhance the flavor.
Vervain tea is generally considered safe like many other herbal teas.
However, if you are breastfeeding, do consult with your doctor before having it. It can also impact the efficacy of other medications, so you should always speak with your doctor before adding this tea to your health regimen. As with any herbal tea, moderation is key to avoid side effects.or